Moogly
Creating Beautiful Things in Life: My Love of Afghans

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Love of Afghans

Today's post is all about my love of crocheting. I started about 45 years ago. My favorite projects are afghans. Every member in my family owns at least one or two afghans I made. Now that I have more free time, I started a new one. It's a stained glass window pattern, perfect for my 10 year old granddaughter Brianna.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/julieannys-stained-glass-afghan-square
This is a free pattern available on ravelry.com. I used to spend a small fortune in pattern books. Thanks to Pintrest, I now have enough free projects, to keep my busy for the next 10 years. If you are an experienced crocheter, you shouldn't have any problems following this pattern. The skill level required to do this particular one, I would rate as intermediate. For this afghan I decided to alternate the two pinks in my squares.So far I have completed 5. Now that I am getting the hang of this pattern, it is taking me about 1 1/2 hrs. to complete a square. Should improve to about an hour once I get a few more done. Each square measures almost 12 inches. I am not sure yet, as of how many I need to complete. Once I get a few more done, I should have a better idea. As soon as I get a couple of rows assembled I will post a picture with an update. My goal is to get there within a week.

If you decide to start one of your own and run into any problems, please let me know. I will be happy to help you along. You can also go to ravelry and check out the comment section. I found quite a few pictured in different color combinations if pink is not your style.

7 comments: