Moogly
Creating Beautiful Things in Life: Lightening Race Car Crochet Wall Plaque

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Lightening Race Car Crochet Wall Plaque



Hello, nice to see you again. If this is your first visit to my Blog, I hope you enjoy it and like what you see.
I have four granddaughters and 2 grandsons and I enjoy making nice things for all of them. I can find lots and lots of pretty patterns for the girls but the selections for boys is more limited. Boys deserve equal attention. Don't you agree? It took me less than a day to make this plaque. Considering I had to create the pattern as well, it came together very fast. Assuming you know the basic crochet stitches, this should be an easy project to complete.
I try to make some improvements with each new post. My goal with this post was to give you the instructions in PDF format. As I was trying to upload, using the PDF feature, I found out that this feature is not available with Blogger. After doing a little research, I found another way to include this feature in my post. I am a bit literate when it comes to HTML and was hoping to create a clickable link. However, in the post previous, it shows the document in its entirety. Since I have not tried this method before, I hope it is still an improvement over the cut and paste method, you had to use before. Please let me know how this works for you. Feedback is always welcome and greatly appreciated.

When writing up the pattern for this, I forgot to include a few photos and descriptions of the Embroidery stitches I used. If you have any questions please refer back to this Blog.

Embroidery stitches used: French Knot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytiI5nhV2HM
How to make a Back Stitch - http://www.wikihow.com/Backstitch

When instruction direct to sc down side of the windshield, sc evenly down side and all around outline of the car.

Back view of tire after attaching it to the car. 

Front view for placement of tires


Trace the outline of the project to a stiff piece of cardboard or foam board.


I cut away an additional 1/8 of an inch from the template. This is a back view of my plaque after gluing the front to the board 

My finished plaque. Hoping my grandson will love this as much as I loved making it for him.





9 comments:

  1. Hi Anne

    Thank you for sharing this unique pattern. I am unable to download it for printing and trying it out for my son. Can you please tell me how I can print this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just figured it out too - if you go to the small box in the top right hand corner of the square with the actual pattern, one of the buttons says pop out - if you click on that it will open the pattern in another page and you can print or save from there

      Delete
  2. About how large does this plaque come out? I was hoping to use the crochet part as an applique on a hat if its small enough

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buy online shopping Bangalore on nammamarket.com, Best Price for Bangalore. Buy online all the products that you need here: - http://nammamarket.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not every health product is manufactured the same way, but chlorogen 800 Green Coffee Bean supplements may be the best option so far. chlorogen 800 Green Coffee Bean supplement represents the latest research in the field of nutrition. It is available in capsules. These Green Coffee Beans are just as their name reveals. They are unripe coffee beans. These beans are still fresh and have not been roasted to be brewed as coffee.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Being without destructive components Maxatin , this recipe would give you a chance to carry on with the life you have ever envisioned without taking a chance with your wellbeing.

    Purchasing Maxatin

    On the off chance that you truly wish to resuscitate your s3xual life, go promptly to the official page of Maxatin and request it. You will locate various bundles for 1 month, 3 month and 5 month supply picking among which you can spare a considerable measure of cash.



    http://www.fitnessbites.org/maxatin-br/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking for the best Ada Signage & custom wall plaques in Oklahoma? ARK Ramos has the best designs and services for Ada signage, wall plaques, meta letters, channel letters, led letters, etc.
    Wall plaques

    ReplyDelete
  7. its very beautiful and cute.i want this..kindly share more pieces like this

    ReplyDelete